What is Strategic PR & Marketing?
Strategic PR: What is Strategic PR?
McKerns Development and PR is an independent consulting firm, adept at defining a company’s niche and promoting it through exceptional marketing channels and in national, international and local media. The firm writes and pitches feature stories to the media using extensive, deep reaching media contacts and relationships. The firm makes use of the latest search engine optimization techniques (SEO), maximizing exposure on the internet, including dramatically increasing traffic to the website.
McKerns Development and PR, in tandem with the marketing and branding entity, or as the PR & marketing entity, establishes the basis for the company and brand and strategically promotes these platforms and concepts through creative use of the news media and positive relations between the company, its company executives, its products and services, its promotions and its various points of contact. The PR strategy includes creating a stellar company background and history and a strong reference and research presence through the internet and the world wide community.
McKerns Development and PR works with external and internal agencies and handles promotions and press, creating, writing and managing media and branded public relations campaigns, including the press surrounding openings, events and co-promotions reaching long and short term company goals and the promotion of products and professional services.
Essential Benefits and Elements of a Strategic Public Relations Platform:
McKerns Development and PR generates opportunities to promote a positive image of the client’s company while establishing a business climate in which the client’s company can operate most effectively and with sustainable profitability.
- Establishes, cultivates and maintains strong positive relationships with the news media, in print and online, consumer groups, community organizations, industry leaders, clients and customers and others who are in a position to impact the company’s public image. Uses relationships to suggest stories, provide quotes from company authorities and obtain interviews.
- Researches and reads extensively within the industry niche and the wider financial and luxury market in order to learn corporate and divisional objectives, understand key industry issues, and quickly identifies industry related news stories and trends that provide opportunities to advance the interests of the company.
- Responds to press inquiries by either selecting the appropriate company authority and briefing them on issues and suggesting answers, or responding as a company spokesman.
- Evaluates social, political and industry issues and determines the appropriate extent of the company’s involvement, and is involved in crafting and distributing relevant messages to the appropriate parties and the media. On major issues, develops a strong, consistent platform which provides media coverage, direct contact with producers and exposure to elected officials, financial partners and other noted business development targets.
- Writes public statements issued by executives including speeches, testimony, articles and press releases. Researches issues, gathers material from company experts, and presents in an interesting fashion so that audiences can understand and the press will want to quote. Identifies major awards in the industry and promotes the recognition once the award is won.
- Reviews and selects public speaking opportunities for executives. Prepares executives by briefing on issues and meeting specifications, composing biographies of VIP’s, anticipating questions and answers, and rehearsing the delivery. Prepares responses to key and critical sections of RFP and bid proposals so that company excellence can be identified and new business consistently gained.
- Determines target markets, writes press releases and communications, and develops a plan of action outlining creative means of generating publicity.
- Writes material for corporate communications which increases the visibility of senior executives within the company and explains corporate objectives and industry issues to employees.
- Suggests, Creates and Manages the community relations and co-promotion program(s) which provides favorable publicity.
- Specifies and writes creative briefs for bids, Hires and directs the work of creatives – graphic, web design or other company or staff for large, critical projects as needed.
- Collaborates with key influencers and other strategic partners in Marketing Advertising and Business Development.
- Keeps company executives informed and notified of trends, issues and areas of attention so that corporate and business goals can stay on track and the media and press exposure will support company objectives and initiatives.
- Provides a historical record of media attention and press, and updates data bases and web sites with searchable content to deliver new faces to the company and its services.
If you have been in business for any length of time, or even if you haven’t, you’ve probably wondered, what is Strategic PR & Marketing?
A strategic PR and Marketing professional is a behind the scenes strategist, advising, creating and reaching company goals; a brand message specialist; a strategic PR and marketing planner; a PR goals and media message advisor; a professional communications writer; a marketing message and PR strategy reviewer; a crisis prevention consultant; a crisis communications leader and public messaging creator.
The PR strategist is not only a professional writer and media relations specialist; the PR strategist is a dynamic communications expert.
Behind the Scenes Strategist: If you’ve wanted an outside media, PR and marketing professional to guide you and advise you on the direction of your company, on specific issues, or certain project strategies, you’ve considered engaging a strategic PR consultant. If you want to understand changes in your industry and how to adapt to them, a PR and Marketing strategist will provide behind the scenes information and guidance.
Brand Message Specialist: If you have ever wondered how to dynamically reach your potential market and why only certain people and firms dominate the news, the internet and the minds of the public, you may have realized the importance of PR strategy. PR strategy includes being a brand message specialist, or working hand in hand with one.
Strategic Marketing & PR Planner: If you have a marketing plan, but wish you had someone to realize the vision contained in your marketing plan, you’ve faced the need for a strategic Marketing and PR consultant. If you need a marketing plan, you’d do well to have a combined strategy written by a Marketing and PR strategic expert.
PR Goals and Media Message Advisor: If you have dreamed of having articles written about you, your firm and your offerings, you will have consulted with a PR strategist. The consultant will define and refine your company goals, create a brand and message platform, work closely with custom media contacts and place your message in the media.
Professional Communications Writer: If you’ve ever wished you had someone with professional writing skills and knowledge of PR, Marketing and the Media to write your professional articles, press releases, company history, blog posts, web copy, sales and marketing materials and proposals, you have considered a strategic PR and Marketing consultant. The strategic PR writer understands the publications you are trying to reach and will write background, conduct pitches to the media on your behalf, and write or contribute to the articles written about you. If you are asked to contribute an article, the professional will research it, outline it and assist with the writing and editing.
Marketing Message and PR Strategy Reviewer: If you’ve wanted a strategist to review your existing promotional and marketing materials, evaluate and recommend changes or additions to written copy, Powerpoint, video or audio presentations and websites; consolidate, update, rewrite or write, you have considered a strategic Marketing and PR professional.
Crisis Prevention Consultant: If you’ve ever wished you had someone to advise you before you spoke to the media, or even an important potential or actual client, you’ve envisioned using a strategic PR professional. If you anticipate that your actions or company might create significant attention (positive or negative); you’d do well to consult with a PR strategist in advance.
Crisis Communications Leader: If you or your firm is suddenly involved in an unexpected flurry of unsolicited media attention, you’ve dreamed of having a strategic PR consultant to guide you, deflect the bad PR and refocus attention on your intended message.
Public Messaging Creator: If you have ever wanted someone to outline talking points for you before you deliver a speech or accept an award, you have thought about a strategic PR consultant. If you have wanted someone to create the speech, coach the presenters, orchestrate the event, build the buzz, and publicize the event, you have wanted a strategic PR consultant.
Strategic public relations and brand building specialist – turning startups into brands and bringing brands to new markets.
Need more? Reach us at: www.mckernsdevelopmentandPR.com
McKerns Development and PR . 264 Cypress Trace, Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411.
Copyright 2012. All rights reserved.